Military.com and militarybenefits.info are a couple of websites that do a great job of tracking Veterans Day discounts–along with other discounts that you can get every day based on your service. If you plan to take advantage of some of the one-day deals keep these tips in mind:
- Read the small print. Meals are often offered to active duty military members only.
- In military towns the lines will be long at establishments that offer freebies. Get there early!
- Don’t get angry for the wait–they’re giving you the meal for free!
- Tip the waitress or waiter–they’re not working for free.
Of course the best discounts are the ones that are available every day. Here are a few:
- Home Depot
- Best Buy
- Many independently owned Jiffy Lube franchises
- And more…