Military members are always looking for airfare bargains. CNN-Money offered these tips:
- Travel on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Fly between Labor Day and Thanksgiving
- Fly to popular destinations at unpopular times (Think Orlando or Colorado in the summer.)
- Buy tickets early in the morning
- Buy a travel package, not just a plane ticket (I’ve done this myself and saved $30 and got the rental car for free!)
Military discounts usually are non-existent unless you’re looking for a refundable fare. If you see one, leave a comment!